Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Ron Clark Story (The Triumph): A Reflection



It is a true to life story of an energetic, artistic and idealistic young inspiring teacher who teaches in a public school in New York City.  Through his adoring use of unique policy for his classroom, extremely pioneering teaching techniques and an unending dedication to his students and helping them get by with their problems, he was able to make a significant difference in the lives of his students from a class of mischievous, not-respecting students to well-disciplined and smart kids. 

 As I’m watching the movie, I ask myself; can I do what Mr. Ron Clark did to change the lives of my students? I admit to myself, I cannot give the same dedication and perseverance to teach the same way he does. His dedication in his chosen profession challenged him if he will give up teaching, but he chooses to pursue it just to help his students to learn and pass the exam. 

He’s method of teaching can be serve as my model if I encounter the say situation.  I think I can apply to my class his 55 classroom policy. For example, in his book The Essential 55, Rule 4:
During discussions, respect other students’ comments,
opinions, and ideas. When possible, make statements like, “I
agree with John, and I also feel that…” or “I disagree with
Sarah. She made a good point I feel that…” or “I think Victor
made an excellent observation, and it made me realize…”

Respecting others idea is important; it is the best way how to learn, sharing different ideas to other and comparing it to come up in one holistic idea. 

In Rule 55; be the best person you can be. Leave today like there is no tomorrow, there is no second chance in life.  If we do not study now, we could flunk. Nobody wanted to flank. Mr. Ron Clark gives an inspiration to us students that even we are not that good in class we could strive to study and study hard, we will pass the exam.

Post a Comment

VISITED PROVINCES


My Lakbayan grade is C-!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.